skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Copying Van Gogh's Painting

In my GATE class today, I learned Van Gogh only had about three friends and his best friend was his brother. He was also a PK and he tried to be a preacher once but he was dismissed for being overzealous. He was a very nervous and temperamental man. Van Gogh cut his ear off because he had an epilepsy fit and started chasing his friend with a razor. Then his friend grabbed him and stopped him from cutting more. He made a self-portrait of himself with his bandaged ear. The top picture was a black and white copy of the original piece, "Bandaged Ear," and I was supposed to copy it. The bottom picture is the one I painted. I did a larger one that my teacher is putting on display at the school.
4 comments:
Very good. I notice you copied his lips exactly. Very nice.
You certainly did a much better copy than I could do. Good job!
WOW!! You are a great artiste!! Congratulations on having your art displayed! No fair that your family has ALL that talent! You an artiste, budding preacher, singer, and musician. Your sister a future Pentecostal Top Model, singer, and who knows what else? Your brother and Mom are recording artists and your Dad is a great preacher/pastor! (well, the pastor part I am assuming from comments from his saints on his blog.)
God must really, really love ya'll!
Blake, great job on your picture. :)
Post a Comment